Building a Home? Why You Should Consider a Timber Structure
When having a home built, you have plenty of materials to choose from. If you’re looking for something that has a lot of aesthetic appeal and provides numerous benefits, timber is a great choice.
Timber offers the following advantages when it comes to building design:
- It saves energy. Unlike other building materials, such as glass or steel, wood provides a lot of insulation that helps keep in warm and cool air, which means you’ll have lower energy bills.
- It’s eco-friendly. Wood might not seem like an environmentally-friendly choice if you’re picturing part of a forest being cut down to provide the timber for your home. However, there are several sustainable sources of timber available that don’t contribute to deforestation. Also, a wooden home lowers your carbon footprint because the timber absorbs carbon dioxide.
- It’s more cost-effective and quicker to build with. Wooden homes can be constructed in a much shorter amount of time than homes made from concrete or other materials. This saves you a considerable amount of money on the cost of labor and the cost of materials.
- Advice on Building Your Own Home
- Architecture advice for Homeowners
- Custom Home Building Trends
- Interior Design Trends and Spotlights
- New Architectural Trends
- Past Projects by TAB Associates
- TAB Associates INC. in Edwards
- Vail architects