How to Avoid These Common Floor Plan Mistakes
The freedom of being able to choose your own floor plan is one of the best parts of building your home. This decision is an important one, since it affects the way the entire home is developed.
When it comes to home design, avoid making these common floor plan mistakes:
- Don’t focus on what’s trendy. Instead, focus on choosing a floor plan that best suits your lifestyle. For example, open floor plans are popular now, but this type of floor plan won’t work if you have family members who prefer more privacy.
- Don’t forget about your budget. You might want a floor plan that’s larger than what you really need, so that you have more space. This could put an unnecessary strain on your finances, though, when you consider that a larger home means higher utility bills. Stick with a floor plan that’s within your budget instead.
- Don’t forget to take measurements. When you have the dimensions of a floor plan, make sure that your furniture and other home items will fit. Take measurements of these before settling on a floor plan.
- Advice on Building Your Own Home
- Architecture advice for Homeowners
- Architecture Planning Services
- Colorado architecture firms
- Services offered by TAB Associates Inc.
- Vail architects