TVs and Fireplaces are a Terrific Combination
When you think of focal points in a living room, two items come to mind most often — TVs and fireplaces. You don’t necessarily have to choose between them. Here are some ways work TV and fireplace combinations into your decor.
- When designing your fireplace, have a frame designed above it in the same style and color as the fireplace. It can even be a continuous unit. Mount the television inside the frame, and you have a beautiful display.
- In an artistic, modern living room, try placing both the fireplace and the television on an otherwise blank wall. Offset them so that the TV is on one side, while the fireplace is on the other.
- Center a stone backdrop along a long wall in your living room. Build a fireplace into one side of the backdrop, and a television cubby into the other side of it.
- Choose a fireplace and a television that are the same shape and size. Mount a shelf on the wall directly above the fireplace. Above it, mount the television.
- Another way to mount a TV above a fireplace is to hide it behind a piece of art on a lift. When the TV is turned on the art lift activates and slides up the wall above the TV. this takes care of those that hate a TV in the Living Room, but know it is a logical place for one.
For help designing a living room that balances your TV and fireplace, contact the expert designers at TAB Associates.