How to Design and Elegant and Transitional Living Room
Transitional design combined classic and modern design elements to create spaces that are both relaxing and sophisticated. If you love transitional style, consider implementing some of these living room designs into your home.
- Try pairing a more traditional color, such as beige, with a more modern pattern, such as thick stripes or criss-cross patterns. For example, an area rug in beige and cream offers perfect transitional appeal.
- Lamps add a warm, special touch to a living room. Give your space a transitional, modern look by choosing artistic lamps in bold colors like red or cobalt blue.
- Large windows allow light to shine into the room. For transitional designs, choose wide windows that extend almost, but not all of the way, to the floor.
- Built-in shelves and bookcases are a theme in more traditional styles. You can make them more modern or traditional by keeping them simple with geometric designs. Natural wood is a classic choice that coordinates with most any decor.
When you’re ready to update your living room in a more transitional style, contact TAB Associates. We’ll be happy to create a space that accentuates your own unique style.
- Architecture advice for Homeowners
- interior design styles
- interior design tips
- Interior Design Trends and Spotlights
- Trends for Home Staircases
- Vail architects