Three Tips for a Successful Basement Renovation
Renovating a basement is an exciting project that can transform the space into a comfortable retreat from the world outside. Here are three tips that will help make the process easier and will all but guarantee the basement of your dreams:
- Give the basement some height. By making sure you have enough headroom in your basement, you’ll help open the space up and keep it from feeling like a cave. If this isn’t structurally possible, then use tricks such as lighting and exposed beams to create an artificial sense of height. If you can, add high windows or transoms to the exterior to get deep penetrating light into the space.
- Style and Features. Choose a style and features that fit into your lifestyle and will accentuate the space. Basements are fabulous places to install everything from spare bedrooms to pool rooms and home theaters. Decide which elements you would like to add and plan accordingly.
- Get creative. Pipes, columns, ductwork, and other structural elements are both unsightly and take up space that can close your basement in. Don’t be afraid to rework these elements and hide them so that they don’t detract from the appearance of the basement.
For more basement renovation tips and suggestions, contact us at TAB Associates, Inc. and we will be happy to answer your questions.
- Architecture advice for Homeowners
- Colorado architecture firms
- Interior Design Trends and Spotlights
- TAB Associates INC. in Edwards
- tips for basement design