Building a Home? Find Space for a Workout Room
If you have an extra room in your house that you aren’t using, transform it to a room that meets your lifestyle needs. One way to do this is to create a home gym.
A home workout room doesn’t have to be elaborate. It can be as simple as moving the treadmill from the middle of the living room to an unused extra room and adding a few finishing touches. Here are a few spaces that you can transform to a workout room:
- Two-car garage. If you are very health conscious and have a lot of workout equipment, it’s highly likely that your garage would be the ideal gym. Installing a floor-to-ceiling mirror, new doors and attractive wood panel flooring could easily transform your gym space.
- Sunroom. The sunroom is ideal for yoga workouts, with minimal equipment or weights.
- Bonus Room. If you’re an empty nester or you don’t want to fill your bonus room with toys, transform it into a wellness space. Put free weights and balance balls in one corner, a stationary bike in another, and some yoga mats and blocks for stretching.
If you are designing a home with a workout room, contact us at TAB Associates.
- adding a fitness room in a house
- Architecture advice for Homeowners
- building a workout room
- Colorado architects
- interior design trends
- Vail architects