Planning a Home Build? Here are Tips for Deciding Where to Put Your Laundry Room!
When building a home, the placement of the laundry room often gets overlooked. Because a laundry room can be virtually any size, it often gets wedged into an awkward corner or squeezed into the basement. If you take a little time to plan your laundry room placement carefully, you’ll end up with a more functional space. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- If you live in a 2-story home, remember that placing the laundry room in the basement means taking the clothes up and down 2 flights of stairs. You may want to put it on the first floor.
- In many homes, putting a small laundry room off of the kitchen makes sense. Washer noises are less disturbing near the kitchen than near living rooms and bedrooms.
- For smaller homes, consider placing the laundry facilities in a walk-in closet off of a centrally located hallway on the first floor. If the closet is large enough, it can be used to store towels and sheets too, making it convenient to put these items away after washing.
Contact TAB Associates if you’re thinking of building a home. We’ll work with you to configure a layout that suits your needs.
- Architecture advice for Homeowners
- interior design styles
- interior design tips
- Interior Design Trends and Spotlights
- Vail architects