The Secret to a Great Home Is a Great Design Process
When it comes to designing a home, good planning leads to good design. Consider our steps below to start your home design process off right.
- Personal planning. When designing a home, don’t immediately run to design books to find out what you need. The home design process begins with you. Consider what things you would like to see in your home, including size and types of rooms. A good starting point is thinking about what was missing from your previous residence. This will help you develop a good program. We take the program and develop a conceptual design on the site. We are 3 dimensional puzzle builders.
- Room design. Room design is a fundamental part of the home and where a majority of time will be spent. For example, would you like lounge space built into the bedrooms or would your prefer a different room in which to relax? Such considerations will significantly alter the home’s presentation.
- Topography.Considering the landscape of your home and its environment is important. Many homeowners want to avoid the cost of a land surveyor, but the land analysis proves to be indispensable when determining how you can build upon the land and which direction you are likely to face external elements. Also the views need to be shot on the survey so they can be properly incorporated into the design. We always design on the site so the home blends into the site appropriately.
If you are designing a home, contact us at TAB Associates to discuss the home planning and design process with our trained architects.
- Architecture Planning Services
- Colorado architects
- Design Process
- Designing a new home
- Services offered by TAB Associates Inc.
- TAB Associates INC. in Edwards